Friday 6 July 2012

For the past 6 months, I've either been in school or my co op placement at Dillon Consulting here in London, ON.  The co op was a fantastic experience!  I used almost none of the training I'd received in class, lol,  which sounds bad at first.  However, I learned an entirely new skill set that has proven more valuable than I'd originally realized. 
My favourite topic for this course was the information on Outlook, both with Cheri and Laura.  I used to use Outlook Express but switched over to the full Outlook.  It was great except that I didn't know how to use alot of the features.  This is something I can use both at home and in the workplace on a daily basis.
I would like it if this course covered general printer information.  How to actually install a new printer with your home computer for instance. 

4 comments:

  1. Great suggestion Connie! I'd love to learn more about hardware installation and how each step affects the final outcome of the install and your computer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inquiring minds.... what is this secret new skill you learned?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, no just managing reception and a switchboard. :-) Noting nearly as fun or as exotic as it could have been.

      Delete